As the power of data exponentiates – so does its responsibility
- an ancient adage, at least as old as the first century BC in the allusion of the Sword of Damocles popularized by Spider Man.
Following the explosion of Data, it became the new oil for the economy.
With this extraordinary power – it started attracting
constructive forces like Big Data Analysis, ML & AI
as well as
destructive forces like Cyber Attacks, phishing, ransomware
* Number of Complaints filed shows the sharp increase in data security related
* Financial industry , health care industry as well as other industries are
increasingly experiencing the issue.
* Ransomware alone is projected to cost $265 Billion by
* Critical data like credit card and Stock market transactions requires un-alterable storage.
* In the case of all other data, un-alterable storage provides security against ransomware.
Write Once Read Many Storage – provides this un-alterable data.
Data once written cannot be altered, and it can be Read Many (Multiple) times.
* US - Securities Exchange Act requires certain transactions to be stored in WORM with additional logging
conditions. (expect many more to follow the suit)
IDSS ( Immutable Data Storage System) will provide a storage system suitable for
SRMS aims to evolve our Immutable data storage service
Two Distinct system
Write Once control
Multi-layered Security to be incorporated
Multiple layers of data protection
This multilayer protection together with the immutable attribute –
Overall – Immutability of the data stored together with the multi-layer protection makes
it suitable for the Zero Trust environment.
- IDSS for Archiving : for 30 PB of data
60% of data is archived
retrieval requirement is less than 5%
- during idle times SRMS system is in OFF state – no power consumption
- no environmental control needed.